Convenient access to dignified public services.
The Department of Public Works and Infrastructure (the Department) is committed to the attainment of a transformed built environment sector by:
- Providing strategic leadership to the South African construction and property industries;
- Establishing and ensuring compliance to policy and legislative prescripts for the:
- Management of State-owned and leased-in immovable assets; and
- South African construction and property sectors;
- Providing strategic direction on the integration of public works priorities; and
- Contributing to the national goals of job creation and poverty alleviation through public works programmes.
The Department’s values align with the values espoused in the Constitution. The core values that underpin the culture of the Department are:
- Innovation: by tirelessly seeking opportunities for service delivery improvement by thinking without restraint and unconfined by old, non-functional, or limiting structures, rules, or practices.
- Integrity: by consistently honouring our commitments, upholding ethical, honest behaviour and transparent communication.
- Motivation: by ensuring our best efforts and actions toward the realisation of our organisational goals.
- Professionalism: by treating our clients with respect and delivering, reliably, against expectations.
- Accountability: by discharging our duties in a responsible manner in compliance with the relevant legislative prescripts.
- Results-oriented: by knowing what results are important and focusing resources to achieve them.
- Teamwork: by respecting our diversity while sharing a common purpose and working in cooperation with each other.